Can you eat kale raw in a salad?
Often labeled as a superfood, kale is one of the healthiest and most nutrient-dense foods you can eat. This leafy green comes in a variety of colors, shapes, and textures. It’s often eaten raw in salads and smoothies but can also be enjoyed steamed, sautéed, boiled, or baked.
How do you prepare raw kale?
Slice the kale into 1/4-inch thin ribbons. In a large bowl combine the kale with oil and salt. Using your hands, massage the kale for 3 minutes until the kale softens. Toss with the lemon juice and grated cheese and serve.
How do you make kale less bitter for salad?
Which Kale is best for salad?
Most mainstream groceries now carry both Tuscan kale and curly kale, found in large bunches in the produce section. For this kale salad, we recommend using Tuscan kale because the mild flavor is more suited to a salad where you’re eating the kale raw.
How do you wash kale for a salad?
How to wash kale
- Soak chopped kale in a large bowl or container of ice water.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the kale to a colander or salad spinner insert.
- Repeat this process if the kale is particularly dirty.
- Then, rinse the kale under cold running water.
- Finally, use a salad spinner to dry the kale thoroughly.