Those are the only two official ways to downgrade to previous versions of iOS. You can either downgrade from a beta version to a stable version, or downgrade to the previous stable version during a short window where the old IPSW files are still signed by Apple.
- How do I restore my iPhone to a previous iOS?
- Can you update iPhone to older iOS?
- Can you restore iPhone from different iOS version?
- Can you downgrade from iOS 14?
- How do I restore from iOS 13 to iOS 14?
- What happens if you don’t update your iPhone software?
- How do I update my iPhone to a specific iOS?
- What’s the latest iPhone Software Update?
- How do I restore from iOS 14?
- How do I transfer from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud?
How do I restore my iPhone to a previous iOS?
Downgrade your iPhone to an earlier version of iOS
- Hold down Shift (PC) or Option (Mac) and click the Restore button.
- Find the IPSW file that you downloaded earlier, select it and click Open.
- Click Restore.
Can you update iPhone to older iOS?
Yes, it is possible. Software Update, either on the device or via iTunes, will offer the latest version that is supported by your device.
Can you restore iPhone from different iOS version?
Yes. You can restore a backup made with an earlier iOS version to a device running a newer iOS version without any issues.
Can you downgrade from iOS 14?
If you want to immediately downgrade from the iOS 15 beta (public or developer), you’ll need to erase and restore your iPhone or iPad. With this option, you won’t be able to restore from a backup done on iOS 15 when going back to iOS 14. But naturally, you can restore from a previous iOS 14 backup.
How do I restore from iOS 13 to iOS 14?
Steps on How to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13
- Connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Open iTunes for Windows and Finder for Mac.
- Click on the iPhone icon.
- Now select the Restore iPhone option and simultaneously keep the left option key on Mac or the left shift key on Windows pressed.
What happens if you don’t update your iPhone software?
If you’re not able to update your devices before Sunday, Apple said you’ll have to back up and restore using a computer because over-the-air software updates and iCloud Backup won’t work anymore.
How do I update my iPhone to a specific iOS?
All you have to do is open up Settings on your iOS device, head to General and then click on Software Update, where you should be able to access the aforementioned option. Once you’ve selected ‘Customize Automatic Updates”, you’ll be able to see new options for “Download iOS Updates” and “Install iOS Updates.”
What’s the latest iPhone Software Update?
Get the latest software updates from Apple
- The latest version of iOS and iPadOS is 14.7.1. Learn how to update the software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- The latest version of macOS is 11.5.2. …
- The latest version of tvOS is 14.7. …
- The latest version of watchOS is 7.6.1.
How do I restore from iOS 14?
Restore all content to iPhone from a backup
- Turn on a new or newly erased iPhone.
- Follow the online instructions to choose a language and region.
- Tap Set Up Manually.
- Tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I transfer from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud?
As long as your iOS devices are running iOS 8 or later, you can use the iOS data transfer tool – EaseUS MobiMover to transfer the supported files from one iPhone to another without iCloud or iTunes. With this software, you are able to transfer multiple or all files to your new device without syncing.