Technically, Samsung Pay should work on any smartphone that has NFC and uses an OS above Android 6. Note that the latest apk version might not work properly on your phone, so if this happens, you should try installing older ones. However, in the end, even the oldest version could work with a couple of glitches.
- Can Samsung pay be used on other phones?
- Are Samsung pay and Android pay the same?
- How do I use Samsung pay on android?
- What Samsung phones are compatible with Samsung pay?
- Can Samsung pay be hacked?
- Is Samsung pay worth using?
- Does NFC need to be on for Samsung pay?
- Does Samsung pay charge a fee?
- What is the limit on Samsung pay?
- How does Samsung pay work?
- How do you pay with Android Pay?
- What is Samsung NFC?
- Can you transfer money with Samsung pay?
- Can I transfer money from Samsung pay to my bank account?
- What stores use Samsung pay?
Can Samsung pay be used on other phones?
In January 2017, Samsung has confirmed that Samsung Pay Mini will not only work on its Galaxy devices but on other Android phones as well, as long as they are running Android Lollipop or above and have a screen resolution of 1280 × 720 pixels or higher.
Are Samsung pay and Android pay the same?
The main differences between the two are: Samsung Pay is available only on Samsung devices. Google Pay is available on most Android smartphones, including Samsung devices. Some Google Pay functionality is available on iPhones.
How do I use Samsung pay on android?
- Download Android Pay from the Google Play App Store.
- Open the app and tap “Add Credit or Debit card.”
- You can choose cards already associated with your Google Account or add a new one. Agree to the terms and conditions that pop up. …
- That’s it!
What Samsung phones are compatible with Samsung pay?
Mid-Range Phones Compatible with Samsung Pay
- Galaxy A5 (2016) Galaxy A5 (2016) …
- Galaxy A7 (2016) Galaxy A7 (2016) …
- Galaxy A8 (2016) Galaxy A8 (2016) …
- Galaxy A9 (2016) Galaxy A9 (2016) …
- Galaxy A9 Pro (2016) Galaxy A9 Pro. …
- Galaxy A3 (2017) Galaxy A3 (2017) …
- Galaxy A5 (2017) Galaxy A5 (2017) …
- Galaxy A7 (2017) Galaxy A7 (2017)
Can Samsung pay be hacked?
Samsung Denies Samsung Pay Can Be Hacked Via The Tokenization Process. … At a recent Black Hat Security confab in Las Vegas, Salvador Mendoza, a security analyst, showcased a flaw in Samsung Pay’s tokenization process that can enable a hacker to figure out a purchaser’s credit card number.
Is Samsung pay worth using?
If you don’t already have a Samsung phone, Samsung Pay isn’t a good reason to buy one. The proliferation of NFC technology means you’ll get plenty of use out of Google Pay, and Samsung has dropped the MST tech from its latest phones. … Even if you do have a Samsung phone, Samsung Pay might not be worth your time.
Does NFC need to be on for Samsung pay?
Samsung Pay doesn’t use NFC so it won’t turn it on nor does it need to.
Does Samsung pay charge a fee?
Samsung Pay does not charge users additional fees for utilizing the app.
What is the limit on Samsung pay?
There’s no limit to how much you can pay in one transaction, but some retailers might only let you use Samsung Pay for payments of up to £30. Samsung and Samsung Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Samsung Pay is available on selected Samsung devices.
How does Samsung pay work?
Both Apple Pay and Android Pay rely on Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to make contactless payment. … Samsung Pay, on the other hand, uses both NFC and Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology, making it work with nearly all current payment terminals. Some payment terminals may require software updates.
How do you pay with Android Pay?
Pay in a store
- Step 1: Wake up & unlock your phone. Turn on your phone screen, and then unlock your phone. …
- Step 2: Hold the back of your phone close to the payment reader for a few seconds. When you’re done paying, a blue check mark will appear on the screen. …
- Step 3: If prompted, follow the instructions on the screen.
What is Samsung NFC?
Near Field Communication (NFC) technology allows users to make secure transactions, exchange digital content, and connect electronic devices with a touch. … NFC is the technology in contactless cards, and the most common use of NFC technology in your smartphone is making easy payments with Samsung Pay.
Can you transfer money with Samsung pay?
Send money with Samsung Pay Cash
You can send money from your Samsung Pay Cash card to contacts in your phone. … Swipe left to your Samsung Pay Cash card, and then tap SEND below the card. Either enter a phone number manually, or choose a contact from your phone.
Can I transfer money from Samsung pay to my bank account?
Open the Samsung Pay app on your phone and locate your Samsung Pay Cash Account. Tap Add money and then tap Bank transfer. Under Bank transfer, you can find your routing number and account number.
What stores use Samsung pay?
Using Samsung Pay in stores around San Francisco, I found that it was accepted almost everywhere. These included vendors using Square readers; NFC terminals in major chain retailers like Trader Joe’s and Walgreens; and magnetic stripe readers in smaller stores.