2) Connect the iOS device to your computer. In iTunes, select your device icon on the bar at the top. 3) Now click on the Summary tab and click Check for Update. 4) To download and install iOS 9, click Download and Update.
How can I get iOS 9 on my iPod?
Launch Settings app on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Home screen, and then locate and tap on the General. Step 2. Tap on the Software Update button. If the update is available, you can choose Download and Install.
Can iPod 4 Get iOS 10?
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY an iPod 4th generation can be upgraded past iOS 6.1. 6. NONE! The ONLY iPod Touch model that CAN be upgraded to iOS 10 OR 11 is the current 6th gen iPod Touch!
What is the highest iOS for iPod touch 4th gen?
List of supported iOS devices
|Device||Max iOS Version||Physical Extraction|
|iPod Touch (3rd generation)||5.1.1||Yes|
|iPod Touch (4th generation)||6.1.6||Yes|
|iPod Touch (5th generation)||9.x||No|
|iPod Touch (6th generation)||10.2.0||No|
How do I get iOS 10 on an old iPod?
How do I get iOS 10 on my iPod?
- If you don’t have iTunes installed on your PC, first download and install it.
- Open iTunes.
- Connect the iOS device to your PC or Mac.
- In iTunes select your device’s icon on the top bar.
- Click the Summary tab and then click Check for update.
- Now click Download and update.
Can you update an old iPod to iOS 9?
It’s most likely an iPod touch model 1 or 2 so it cannot be updated to iOS 9. The Settings>General>Software Update comes with iOS 5 and later.
How do you update your iPod touch to iOS 9?
To upgrade your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad to iOS 9 over-the-air, choose General > Software Update in the Settings app. If you wish, you can also perform an upgrade through iTunes: just connect your device via USB to a Mac or Windows PC running iTunes and select Check for Update.
Is iOS 9 still supported?
Following the 2.40 Revel update release in July, devices running on iOS 9 will not be supported. The iPad Mini 1 is not able to update beyond iOS 9 due to age related technology restrictions. … This means the iPad Mini 1 will no longer be supported devices.
Can you update iPod touch 4th generation to iOS 8?
To update with iTunes, simply plug in your device, select it from the sidebar, and in the Summary section, click Check for Update. Click Download and Update and sit back while iOS 8 is added to your device.