Right-click in the right-side panel and click on New > Key. Set the name of this newly created Key to what the entry should be labeled in the right-click context menu.
Right-click shell and select New > Key. Name the key the application you’d like to add to the context menu. Now right-click the new key you just made and once again select New > Key. Name the key “command” in all lowercase.
To add items, select the items in the left pane and click on the Add or + button. To remove items, select items are shown in the right pane and click on the Delete or Thrash button. Do read its Help file for details. Cleaning the New Context Menu will give you a smaller new menu by removing the items you do not want.
You can also add an application shortcut to the right-click context menu of the desktop.
- After opening the Registry Editor go to this location – HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTDirectoryBackgroundshell.
- Again, right-click on the “shell” key and then click on “New>” and then on “Key“.
15 янв. 2021 г.
Edit Right Click Menu for Desktop
You can also add any application to the desktop right-click menu pretty easily. Just right-click on the shell key and choose New – Key. Name the key whatever you want as that will appear in the context menu.
How do I add an item to the Right Click menu?
- Start the Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE)
- Expand the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT by clicking the plus sign.
- Scroll down and expand the Unknown subkey.
- Click on the Shell key and right click on it.
- Select New from the pop-up menu and choose Key.
- Enter the name you want to be displayed, e.g. the name of the application.
How to Add or Remove Items from “New” Context Menu in Windows
- Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. …
- Now look for a sub-key having same name as the file type which you want to add in “New” menu. …
- Now right-click on it and select “New -> Key” option. …
- In right-side pane, right-click and select “New -> String Value“.
12 февр. 2008 г.
The Right Click Menu or the Context Menu is the menu, which appears when you right-click on the desktop or a file or folder in Windows. This menu gives you added functionality by offering you actions you can take with the item. Most programs like to stuff their commands in this menu.
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- Type in regedit and click ENTER.
- Browse to the following: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT*shellexContextMenuHandlers.
- You simply delete or export then delete the keys you do not want.
How do I reset my right click options?
Great! Thanks for your feedback.
how to restore right click option
- Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Click Devices.
- On the left pane, click Mouse & touchpad.
- Click Additional mouse options.
- Make sure that the Button configuration was set to left click or the Switch primary and secondary buttons is unchecked.
13 авг. 2017 г.
Adding Applications to the Desktop Context Menu
Right-click on the “shell” key, and then choose New Key from the menu. Give the new key the name that you want to show up on the desktop context menu. For this example we’ll be using Notepad.
In Microsoft Windows, pressing the Application key or Shift+F10 opens a context menu for the region that has focus.
In the Task Manager window, scroll down and find the “File Explorer” process on your computer. c. Right-click on it and then click on “Restart” to restart the process on your computer. After restarting File Explorer, right-click and check, “New” context menu will be restored successfully.
This is how Image Resizer works. You need to either select a single file or multiple files, right-click on it/them, and click Resize pictures option in the context menu to open Image Resizer dialog. Here, either select one of the pre-defined sizes or enter a custom size and then click Resize button to resize image(s).
To add new colors, click Menu Skin on the software’s menu to open the submenu shown directly below. Select a color option from that menu, and right-click the desktop again to open the customized context menu as below. Note that this can also modify menu colors in other applications.