In order to access BIOS on a Windows PC, you must press your BIOS key set by your manufacturer which could be F10, F2, F12, F1, or DEL. If your PC goes through its power on self-test startup too quickly, you can also enter BIOS through Windows 10’s advanced start menu recovery settings.
How do I enter BIOS on Windows 10?
How to enter the BIOS on a Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu. …
- Select Update & Security. …
- Select Recovery from the left menu. …
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. …
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings. …
- Click Restart.
Can you just boot into BIOS?
Access the BIOS utility. Go to Advanced settings, and choose the Boot settings. Disable Fast Boot, save changes and restart your PC. Set your HDD as the primary booting device and confirm changes.
How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?
If the F2 prompt doesn’t appear on the screen, you might not know when you should press the F2 key.
- Go to Advanced > Boot > Boot Configuration.
- In the Boot Display Config pane: Enable POST Function Hotkeys Displayed. Enable Display F2 to Enter Setup.
- Press F10 to save and exit BIOS.
How do I change BIOS settings?
How Do I Completely Change the BIOS on My Computer?
- Restart your computer and look for the keys–or combination of keys–you must press to access your computer’s setup, or BIOS. …
- Press the key or combination of keys to access your computer’s BIOS.
- Use the “Main” tab to change the system date and time.
How do I disable BIOS at startup?
Access the BIOS and look for anything that refers to turning on, on/off, or showing the splash screen (the wording differs by BIOS version). Set the option to disabled or enabled, whichever is opposite of how it is currently set. When set to disabled, the screen no longer appears.
How do I set a proper boot device?
Fixing “Reboot and select proper Boot Device” on Windows
- Restart your computer.
- Press the necessary key to open BIOS menu. This key depends on your computer manufacturer and computer model. …
- Go to the Boot tab.
- Change the boot order and list your computer’s HDD first. …
- Save the settings.
- Restart your computer.
What to do if F12 is not working?
Resolve unexpected Function (F1 – F12) or other special key behavior on a Microsoft keyboard
- The NUM LOCK key.
- The INSERT key.
- The PRINT SCREEN key.
- The SCROLL LOCK key.
- The BREAK key.
- The F1 key through the F12 FUNCTION keys.
If a Dell computer is unable to boot into the Operating System (OS), the BIOS update can be initiated using the F12 One Time Boot menu. … If you see, “BIOS FLASH UPDATE” listed as a boot option, then the Dell computer supports this method of updating the BIOS using the One Time Boot menu.