Click the “Dock” option in the sidebar of the Settings app to view the Dock settings. To change the position of the dock from the left side of the screen, click the “Position on screen” drop down, and then select either the “Bottom” or “Right” option (there’s no “top” option because the top bar always takes that spot).
How do I move the taskbar in Linux?
[Solved] Re: How go move taskbar from bottom to top?
- right click on empty space in taskbar.
- Select modify panel.
- Move mouse cursor to desired location, e.g. top of screen,
- Click a blank portion of the taskbar.
- Hold down the primary mouse button, and then drag the mouse pointer to the place on the screen where you want the taskbar. …
- After you move the mouse pointer to the position on your screen where you want the taskbar, release the mouse button.
Move the Taskbar
- Right-click an empty space on the taskbar, and then click to uncheck Lock the taskbar. The taskbar must be unlocked in order to move it.
- Click and drag the taskbar to the top, bottom, or side of your screen.
How do I change the top bar in Ubuntu?
Step 1) First thing to do is enable GNOME extensions on your Ubuntu PC. Refer to our tutorial using the below link and then continue to the next step. Step 3) Toggle the slider to the “ON” position. Step 4) You should immediately see the new taskbar features applied to the top panel.
How do I move the taskbar in Linux Mint?
Re: Moving Taskbar
If it’s not locked, simply move your mouse cursor to a blank area, press and hold your left mouse button, move the panel to your desired location, and release the left mouse button.
Grab the panel by pressing the left mouse button on the taskbar’s right or left side (a hand cursor should show up), and holding. Move it wherever you want and release the button.
All you have to do to move an item on the menu bar is to click and hold, and then drag to where you want it to be.
Why has my taskbar moved to the side?
Select Taskbar Settings. At the top of the Taskbar Settings box, make sure the “Lock the taskbar” option is turned off. … The taskbar should then jump to the side of the screen you have chosen. (Mouse users should be able to click and drag an unlocked taskbar to a different side of the screen.)
To move the toolbar:
- Click Customize Quick Access Toolbar . It’s located on the right end of the Quick Access Toolbar.
- At the bottom of the list, choose either Show Below the Ribbon or Show Above the Ribbon as appropriate.
1. Right click on the taskbar, un-check Lock taskbar > put the cursor at the edge of the taskbar, click and Hold > drag it down to the bottom > right click again, put a checkmark on Lock the taskbar.
What is top bar in Ubuntu called?
It’s called Unity Panel or Panel.
How do I change the look of Ubuntu?
To change Ubuntu theme you need to do is:
- Install GNOME Tweaks.
- Open GNOME Tweaks.
- Select ‘Appearance’ in the sidebar of GNOME Tweaks.
- In the ‘Themes’ section click the drop down menu.
- Pick a new theme from the list of available ones.