- How do I downgrade a package in Linux?
- How do I downgrade apt packages?
- How do I install an older version of a package in Ubuntu?
- How do I undo in Ubuntu?
- How do I downgrade an NPM package?
- How do I downgrade Tesseract?
- How do I roll back a package in Linux?
- How do I downgrade using yum?
- How do I downgrade a python package?
- How do I downgrade chromium?
How do I downgrade a package in Linux?
How to Downgrade Software/Package in Linux
- sudo apt install firefox=60.1.
- cat /var/log/zypp/history | grep package_name.
- ls /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ | grep package_name.
- sudo pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/package_name-version.pkg.tar.xz.
How do I downgrade apt packages?
To downgrade an installed package we simply install a previous version available from the package’s source repo. We use the same commands used above to install a specific version. Apt will remove the currently installed version and replace it with the version we specify.
How do I install an older version of a package in Ubuntu?
After you do, open the Synaptic Package Manager from the Dash. Search for the package you want to install an older version of in Synaptic, select it, and use the Package –> Force Version option. Select the version you want to install and click Force Version.
How do I undo in Ubuntu?
You can’t directly undo a command. Unfortunately, Linux does not support this feature. You can use the command history to list all the previous commands you used. You have to find the reverse command for all of them (e.g. if you invoked a command sudo apt-get install you have to invoke a sudo apt-get purge ).
How do I downgrade an NPM package?
You can downgrade the npm version by specifying a version in the related commands. If you want to downgrade npm to a specific version, you can use the following command: npm install -g [email protected][version. number] where the number can be like 4.9. 1 or 8 or v6.
How do I downgrade Tesseract?
Downgrade any Homebrew package easily
- Run brew info tesseract and find the formula link. …
- Open the formula link in your web browser, click “Raw” and note the URL. …
- Run brew log tesseract . …
- Replace master in the URL from Step 2 with the commit id from Step 3.
How do I roll back a package in Linux?
Rollback an update
- # yum install httpd. You can check if the package has been installed by running the following command,
- # httpd -version. Now that we have a package installed, we will need transaction ID for this transaction to undo. …
- $ yum history. …
- # yum history undo 7.
How do I downgrade using yum?
Display current version of installed package. Display available versions of specific package. Downgrade specific package. $ sudo yum downgrade newrelic-infra-1.5.
How do I downgrade a python package?
Upgrade and Downgrade a Python Package
Upgrade and Downgrade are similar, both of which follow two steps: (1) uninstall the previous package; (2) install the current package. Update a package by pip: pip install -U [package name]. Update a package manually: (1) download the package; (2) install the package.
How do I downgrade chromium?
In order to downgrade Chromium Edge to legacy Edge, you need to uninstall the new browser. Open the Control Panel and click Programs. Click Uninstall a program and from the list of installed apps, look for Microsoft Edge. Select it, and click the Uninstall button.