- How do I fix held broken packages?
- How do you remove a broken package?
- How do you fix broken synaptic packages?
- What does APT — fix broken install do?
- How do you fix apt — fix broken install?
- What is a held package?
- How do I clear apt-get cache?
- How do I fix sudo apt-get update?
- How do I uninstall DPKG?
- What is Synaptic package manager in Linux?
- How do you solve e unable to correct problems you have held broken packages?
- How do I close Synaptic package manager?
- How do I manually run dpkg configure a?
- How can I fix Ubuntu OS without reinstalling it?
- How do I fix broken packages in Debian?
How do I fix held broken packages?
These are some fast and easy ways to fix the you have held broken packages error.
- Open your sources. …
- Select the Fix Broken Packages option in Synaptic package manager. …
- If you get this error message: Try ‘apt-get -f install’ with no packages (or specify a solution) …
- Manually remove a broken package.
How do you remove a broken package?
Here are the steps.
- Find your package in /var/lib/dpkg/info , for example using: ls -l /var/lib/dpkg/info | grep <package>
- Move the package folder to another location, like suggested in the blog post I mentioned before. …
- Run the following command: sudo dpkg –remove –force-remove-reinstreq <package>
25 янв. 2018 г.
How do you fix broken synaptic packages?
If broken packages are detected, Synaptic will not allow any further changes to the system until all broken packages have been fixed. Choose Edit > Fix Broken Packages from the menu. Choose Apply Marked Changes from the Edit menu or press Ctrl + P. Confirm the summary of changes and click Apply.
What does APT — fix broken install do?
Apt-get is a Terminal based package management tool used for installing, upgrading, and removing packages. Along with these features, it also has flags that can be used for fixing missing dependencies and broken packages.
How do you fix apt — fix broken install?
Ubuntu fix broken package (best solution)
- sudo apt-get update –fix-missing.
- sudo dpkg –configure -a.
- sudo apt-get install -f.
- Unlock the dpkg – (message /var/lib/dpkg/lock)
- sudo fuser -vki /var/lib/dpkg/lock.
- sudo dpkg –configure -a.
What is a held package?
‘Held at Customs’ means the package you are sending to the destination country is held by the officials of the importer country’s customs office. These government bodies hold the packages until they ensure that only permissible items cross their border and the taxes (Duties & Excise) are paid for the import.
How do I clear apt-get cache?
Clear the APT cache:
The clean command clears out the local repository of downloaded package files. It removes everything except the partials folder and lock file from /var/cache/apt/archives/ . Use apt-get clean to free up disk space when necessary, or as part of regularly scheduled maintenance.
How do I fix sudo apt-get update?
Hash Sum Mismatch Error
This error can happen when fetching the latest repositories during ” apt-get update ” was interrupted, and a subsequent ” apt-get update ” is not able to resume the interrupted fetch. In this case, remove the content in /var/lib/apt/lists before retrying ” apt-get update “.
How do I uninstall DPKG?
For Ubuntu the correct method to remove packages through the console is:
- apt-get –-purge remove skypeforlinux.
- dpkg –-remove skypeforlinux.
- dpkg –r packagename.deb.
- apt-get clean && apt-get autoremove. sudo apt-get -f install. …
- #apt-get update. #dpkg –-configure -a. …
- apt-get -u dist-upgrade.
- apt-get remove –dry-run packagename.
What is Synaptic package manager in Linux?
Synaptic Package Manager is a graphical package management tool based on APT. It enables you to install, update and remove packages in a user friendly GUI. Synaptic serves as a graphical front-end to APT and makes the process of software management much easier, especially if you are not familiar with the command-line.
How do you solve e unable to correct problems you have held broken packages?
First, make sure that local package cache is updated. Your system checks this cache for the available packages. It’s possible (but not certain) that the dependency package is seen by the system after the cache update. Try installing the troublesome package again and see if it fixes the problem.
How do I close Synaptic package manager?
Use the Synaptic Package Manager
- On the Synaptic Package Manager dialog box, select History from the File menu.
- The History dialog box displays. …
- To close the History dialog box, click the Close button.
- To close the Synaptic Package Manager, select Quit from the File menu.
- Use a Terminal window.
10 нояб. 2010 г.
How do I manually run dpkg configure a?
Run the command it tells you to sudo dpkg –configure -a and it should be able to correct itself. If it doesn’t try running sudo apt-get install -f (to fix broken packages) and then try running sudo dpkg –configure -a again. Just make sure you have internet access available so that you can download any dependencies.
How can I fix Ubuntu OS without reinstalling it?
First of all, try to login with live cd and backup your data in an external drive. Just in case, if this method didn’t work, you can still have your data and reinstall everything! At the login screen, press CTRL+ALT+F1 to switch to tty1.
How do I fix broken packages in Debian?
Method 1: Using apt-get
(the -f option is short for fix-broken.) Try and see if the first command fixes your problem before executing the second command. Give it a few moments to try and fix any errors that it may find. If it works, then try and use the package that was broken – it will likely be fixed now.