You can reinstall a package with sudo apt-get install –reinstall packagename . This completely removes the package (but not the packages that depend on it), then reinstalls the package. This can be convenient when the package has many reverse dependencies.
- How do I install and uninstall a program on Ubuntu?
- How do I reinstall Ubuntu Software Center?
- How do I install an already installed software on Ubuntu?
- How do I uninstall a program on Ubuntu?
- How do I install a program from terminal ubuntu?
- How do I install and uninstall a program?
- How do I reinstall software center?
- How do I get software on Ubuntu?
- Why is Ubuntu software not opening?
- How do I run an EXE file on Ubuntu?
- How do I install an application in Linux?
- How can I run Windows software in Ubuntu?
- How do you uninstall a program using command prompt?
- How do I completely uninstall a program in Linux?
- What does sudo apt-get purge do?
How do I install and uninstall a program on Ubuntu?
Click on the Ubuntu Software icon in the Activities toolbar; this will open the Ubuntu Software manager through which you can search for, install and uninstall software from your computer. From the list of applications, look up for the one you want to uninstall and then click the Remove button against it.
How do I reinstall Ubuntu Software Center?
- First call sudo apt-get update to make sure you will install the latest version.
- Then sudo apt-get install gnome-terminal to actually install the missing terminal.
- The software center can then be installed with sudo apt-get install software-center .
How do I install an already installed software on Ubuntu?
5.1 Installing software using source code on Ubuntu Linux [Not recommended]
- Download the source code of the program you want to install.
- Extract the downloaded file.
- Go to the extracted directory and look for a README or INSTALL file. …
- Look for a file called configure.
5 дней назад
How do I uninstall a program on Ubuntu?
Open Ubuntu Software, click the Installed tab, select the app you wish to uninstall, and hit the Remove button.
How do I install a program from terminal ubuntu?
GEEKY: Ubuntu has by default something called APT. To install any package, just open a terminal ( Ctrl + Alt + T ) and type sudo apt-get install <package name> . For instance, to get Chrome type sudo apt-get install chromium-browser .
How do I install and uninstall a program?
Install and Uninstall option
Open the Control Panel or press the Windows key , type Control Panel, and then press Enter . Under the Programs section, click the Uninstall a program link.
How do I reinstall software center?
Re-Install Software Center
Open the Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete –> Task Manager). Look for the ccmsetup.exe process. When the process exits, the Software Center has finished uninstalling. Reboot the computer.
How do I get software on Ubuntu?
Launching Ubuntu Software Center
- Ubuntu Software Center is in the Launcher.
- If it has been removed from the Launcher, you can find it by clicking the Ubuntu button, then “More Apps”, then “Installed — See more results”, then scrolling down.
- Alternatively, search for “software” in the Dash search field.
30 сент. 2011 г.
Why is Ubuntu software not opening?
Fix Ubuntu 16.04 Software Center not loading apps issue
Step 1) Launch ‘Terminal’. Step 2) Run the following command to update the repository sources. Step 3) Now install the updates. … Step 5) Use this command to reinstall gnome software.
How do I run an EXE file on Ubuntu?
This can be done by doing the following:
- Open a terminal.
- Browse to the folder where the executable file is stored.
- Type the following command: for any . bin file: sudo chmod +x filename.bin. for any .run file: sudo chmod +x filename.run.
- When asked for, type the required password and press Enter.
How do I install an application in Linux?
For example, you’d double-click a downloaded . deb file, click Install, and enter your password to install a downloaded package on Ubuntu. Downloaded packages can also be installed in other ways. For example, you could use the dpkg -I command to install packages from the terminal in Ubuntu.
How can I run Windows software in Ubuntu?
- Click on the Applications menu.
- Type software.
- Click Software & Updates.
- Click on the Other Software tab.
- Click Add.
- Enter ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa in the APT line section (Figure 2)
- Click Add Source.
- Enter your sudo password.
5 июн. 2015 г.
How do you uninstall a program using command prompt?
How to uninstall program using CMD
- You need to open CMD. Win button ->type CMD->enter.
- type in wmic.
- Type in product get name and press Enter. …
- Example of the command listed under this. …
- After this, you should see successful uninstallation of the program.
How do I completely uninstall a program in Linux?
To uninstall a program, use the “apt-get” command, which is the general command for installing programs and manipulating installed programs. For example, the following command uninstalls gimp and deletes all the configuration files, using the “ — purge” (there are two dashes before “purge”) command.
What does sudo apt-get purge do?
apt purge removes everything related to a package including the configuration files.