If you want to reinstall Windows Media Player, try the following:
- Click the Start button, type features, and select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Scroll down and expand Media Features, clear the Windows Media Player check box, and click OK.
- Restart your device. …
- Repeat step 1.
How do I uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player on Windows 7?
- Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the Windows Features window, click Media Features to expand it, check the Windows Media Center box, click OK, and then restart your computer to complete the install.
How to Reinstall Windows Media Player in Windows 7, 8, or 10 to Solve Problems
- Step 1: Uninstall Windows Media Player. Open up Control Panel and type “windows features” into the search box, and then click on Turn Windows features on or off. …
- Step 2: Reboot. That is all.
- Step 3: Turn Windows Media Player Back On.
27 июл. 2016 г.
If this happens, one solution is to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player. However, you cannot use the standard Windows uninstall process — you need to use the Windows features dialog to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player.
If Windows Media Player stopped working correctly after the latest updates from Windows Update, you can verify that the updates are the problem by using System Restore. To do this: Select the Start button, and then type system restore.
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the required video codec is not installed on your computer. Windows Media Player cannot play, burn, rip, or sync the file because a required audio codec is not installed on your computer. … To determine if this codec is available to download from the Web, click Web Help.
1 Unload WMP – Control Panel, Programs and Features, [left-hand side] Turn Windows features on or off, Media Features, clear Windows Media Player checkbox, Yes, OK, Restart the PC.
How To Uninstall Windows Media Player In Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
- Go to Control panel -> Programs -> Program and Features.
- Click on “Uninstall a Program“.
- On the top left side of open window, Choose “Turn Windows Features On or Off“. …
- Unchecked the option “Windows Media Player” to uninstall Windows Media Player.
31 мар. 2015 г.
Windows Media Player errors
- Click the Start button and type system restore.
- Select Create a restore point, and then in the System Properties pane, select System Restore.
- Follow the prompts to select the restore point just before the round of updates that seemed to trigger the problem.
Hover over the WMP app launcher on the Taskbar and you can easily control playback. Click on the Now Playing icon in the corner of WMP to switch to switch to see the album or song playing. You can resize it and still control playback and access other options.
Update for Media Center for Windows 7, x64-based versions
- Click Start , right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- Under System, you can view the system type.
25 сент. 2009 г.
The latter instead uses Groove Music (for audio) and Microsoft Movies & TV (for video) as the default playback applications for most media; As of May 2020, Windows Media Player is still included as a Windows component.
In Programs, click or tap the “Turn Windows features on or off” link from the Programs and Features section. … Scroll through the list until you find the entry called “Media Features.” To uninstall Windows Media Player, expand “Media Features” and uncheck Windows Media Player. Then, press OK.