Simply run sudo apt autoremove or sudo apt autoremove –purge in terminal. NOTE: This command will remove all unused packages (orphaned dependencies). Explicitly installed packages will remain.
- How do I list unused packages in Ubuntu?
- How do I remove old packages in Linux?
- How do I get rid of unused repository?
- How do I remove unused NPM packages?
- How do I remove apt repository?
- How do I uninstall a package with apt-get?
- How do I delete old kernels?
- How do I remove unnecessary apps from Ubuntu?
- What is sudo apt-get clean?
- How do I clean up my repository?
- How do you remove a broken package?
- How do I list apt repositories?
How do I list unused packages in Ubuntu?
To do so, from the main window, expand the“Options” section and check the box that says – “Show all orphan packages, not only those in the libs section”. Now, Gtkorphan will list the orphaned packages. However, you must careful here. As you see in the above picture, Gtkorphan lists some important packages as unused.
How do I remove old packages in Linux?
The procedure to delete all unused old kernels on Ubuntu Linux version 18.04 and 20.04 LTS is as follows:
- First, boot into a new kernel.
- List all other older kernel using the dpkg command.
- Note down system disk space usage by running the df -H command.
- Delete all unused old kernels, run: sudo apt –purge autoremove.
How do I get rid of unused repository?
Click Settings in the top menu. Then Repositories. Software and Updates window will be displayed. From this window you can remove the unused ppas from the Other Software tab.
How do I remove unused NPM packages?
Steps to Remove unused packages from Node.js
- First, remove the npm packages from packages. …
- To remove any specific node package run the command npm prune <pkg>
- run the npm prune command to remove unused or not required node packages from Node.js.
How do I remove apt repository?
It’s not hard:
- List all installed repositories. ls /etc/apt/sources.list.d. …
- Find the name of the repository you want to remove. In my case I want to remove natecarlson-maven3-trusty. …
- Remove the repository. …
- List all the GPG keys. …
- Find the key ID for the key you want to remove. …
- Remove the key. …
- Update the package lists.
How do I uninstall a package with apt-get?
If you want to remove a package, use the apt in the format; sudo apt remove [package name]. If you want to remove a package without confirming add –y between apt and remove words.
How do I delete old kernels?
Remove Older Kernel Entries
- Select “Package Cleaner” on the left and “Clean Kernel” from the right panel.
- Press the “Unlock” button at the lower right, enter your password.
- Select from the displayed list the kernel images and headers you wish to remove.
How do I remove unnecessary apps from Ubuntu?
Uninstalling and Removing Unnecessary Applications: To uninstall the application you can you simple command. Press “Y” and Enter. If you don’t want to use the command line, you can use the Ubuntu Software manager. Just click on the remove button and the application will be removed.
What is sudo apt-get clean?
sudo apt-get clean clears out the local repository of retrieved package files.It removes everything but the lock file from /var/cache/apt/archives/ and /var/cache/apt/archives/partial/. Another possibility to see what happens when we use the command sudo apt-get clean is to simulate the execution with the -s -option.
How do I clean up my repository?
- If you just clean untracked files, run git clean -f.
- If you want to also remove directories, run git clean -f -d.
- If you just want to remove ignored files, run git clean -f -X.
- If you want to remove ignored as well as non-ignored files, run git clean -f -x.
How do you remove a broken package?
Here are the steps.
- Find your package in /var/lib/dpkg/info , for example using: ls -l /var/lib/dpkg/info | grep <package>
- Move the package folder to another location, like suggested in the blog post I mentioned before. …
- Run the following command: sudo dpkg –remove –force-remove-reinstreq <package>
How do I list apt repositories?
list file and all files under /etc/apt/sources. list. d/ directory. Alternatively, you can use apt-cache command to list all repositories.