Go ahead and hide Windows Media Center in Programs & Features > Turn Windows Features On and Off > Media, uncheck WIndows Media Center, Save and restart PC.
- Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the Windows Features window, click Media Features to expand it, check the Windows Media Center box, click OK, and then restart your computer to complete the install.
5 Alternatives to Windows Media Center on Windows 8 or 10
- Kodi is probably the most popular alternative to Windows media Center out there. Kodi was formerly known as XBMC, and was was originally created for modded Xboxes. …
- Plex, based off XBMC, is another fairly popular media player. …
- MediaPortal was originally a derivative of XBMC, but it’s been completely rewritten.
31 мар. 2016 г.
Uninstalling Windows Media Player will have it no longer available to turn on or off, and will free up around 57.4 MB of space on the Windows drive.
1: Click on “Go” and Then “Go to Folder” as shown underneath: 2: Type in “/Library/LauchAgents/” and click Ok: 3: Delete all of the virus files that have similar or the same name as Windows Media Center Virus.
How to Repair Windows Media Center
- Open the Control Panel. To do this, click on the “Start” menu. …
- Open the utility used by Windows to install, uninstall and repair software on your computer. …
- Click on “Windows Media Center” in the window that appears on screen. …
- Click on the “Repair” button.
In Programs, click or tap the “Turn Windows features on or off” link from the Programs and Features section. … Scroll through the list until you find the entry called “Media Features.” To uninstall Windows Media Player, expand “Media Features” and uncheck Windows Media Player. Then, press OK.
What is the best replacement for Windows Media Center?
The 5 Best Alternatives to Windows Media Center
- Kodi. Download Now. Kodi was first developed for Microsoft Xbox and even named XBMC. …
- PLEX. Download Now. Plex is another excellent choice to bring together all your favorite media content into a single beautiful interface for easy access. …
- MediaPortal 2. Download Now. …
- Emby. Download Now. …
- Universal Media Server. Download Now.
10 мар. 2019 г.
Discontinuation. During the 2015 Build developers’ conference, a Microsoft executive confirmed that Media Center, with its TV receiver and PVR functionality, would not be updated for or included with Windows 10, thus the product would be discontinued.
Microsoft removed Windows Media Center from Windows 10, and there’s no official way to get it back. While there are great alternatives like Kodi, which can play and record live TV, the community has made Windows Media Center functional on Windows 10.
If this happens, one solution is to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player. However, you cannot use the standard Windows uninstall process — you need to use the Windows features dialog to uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player.
* Windows Media Player 12 is included in clean installs of Windows 10 as well as upgrades to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. DVD playback isn’t included in Windows 10 or Windows 8.1.
1) Try reinstalling Windows Media Player with a PC restart in between: Type Features in Start Search, open Turn Windows Features On or Off, under Media Features, uncheck Windows Media Player, click OK. Restart PC, then reverse the process to check WMP, OK, restart again to reinstall it.
Today, usage of Windows Media Center is “infinitesimal,” as measured by Microsoft’s automatic telemetry. … Media Center still works on those operating systems, which will be supported until 2020 and 2023, respectively.
Windows Media Center brings in all your digital media– photos, movies, music, and recorded TV shows – into one place. Windows Media Center also takes advantage of HomeGroup in Windows 7 and allows you to access digital media content from other PCs!