Navigate to the User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel option from the left sidebar. Next, double-click the “Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC settings” or “Prohibit access to the Control Panel” policy on the right side. Select the Enabled option, click Apply and then OK.
- How do I protect my Control Panel?
- How do I put parental controls on Windows 7?
- How do I restrict Control Panel in registry?
- How do I access Control Panel when it is blocked by administrator?
- How do I restrict access to local drives in Windows 7?
- How do I give a full control in Windows 7?
- How do I manage users in Windows 7?
- Why can’t I access my Control Panel?
- How do I put a password on my Control Panel?
- What do you do if you forget your Windows 7 password?
- What do I do if I forgot my administrator password on Windows 7?
How do I protect my Control Panel?
To disable Settings and Control Panel using Group Policy, do the following:
- Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
- Type gpedit. …
- Browse the following path: …
- On the right side, double-click the Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC settings policy.
- Select the Enabled option.
- Click Apply.
How do I put parental controls on Windows 7?
To set up Parental Controls
- Go to the Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- Click Set up parental controls for any user. Getting to Parental Controls.
- Click on any Standard Account. …
- Click On to turn Parental Controls on. …
- Now you can click Time limits, Games, or Allow and block specific programs to set the Parental Controls.
How do I restrict Control Panel in registry?
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem.
- From the Edit menu select New – DWORD value.
- Enter a name of NoDispCPL and press enter.
- Double click the new value and set to 1.
- Close the registry editor.
How do I access Control Panel when it is blocked by administrator?
To enable the Control Panel:
- Open User Configuration→ Administrative Templates→ Control Panel.
- Set the value of the Prohibit Access to the Control Panel option to Not configured or Enabled.
- Click OK.
How do I restrict access to local drives in Windows 7?
First type gpedit.msc in the search box of the Start Menu and hit Enter.
- Now navigate to User Configuration Administrative Templates Windows Components Windows Explorer. …
- Select Enable then under Options from the drop down menu you can restrict a certain drive, a combination of drives, or restrict them all.
How do I give a full control in Windows 7?
Select the user account you want to give total control over your Windows 7 and click the Edit button. Now, tick the checkbox labeled “Total Control” and press OK. Done!
How do I manage users in Windows 7?
Adding administrative user privileges to a Windows 7 user account
- Click Start , and then click Control Panel.
- Under User Accounts and Family Safety, click Add or remove user accounts. …
- Click the name of the account you want to change.
- Click Change the account type.
- Select Administrator.
- Click Change Account Type.
Why can’t I access my Control Panel?
Control Panel not showing might be caused by the system file corruption, so you can run SFC scan to fix this problem. … Then type in the command sfc/scannow and press Enter key. This command will scan for corrupted system files and replace corrupted files with a cached copy.
How do I put a password on my Control Panel?
The Control Panel can be found in the Start Menu under Start > Control Panel or Start > Settings > Control Panel. Click Change your password in the User Accounts window. Enter your current Windows password, then enter the new password and confirm it. Click Change Password.
What do you do if you forget your Windows 7 password?
Windows 7: Use your Windows Password reset disk or USB drive
- On the login screen, click on Reset passwords.
- Plug in your USB key (or floppy disk). Click Next.
- Type in your new password and a password hint. Click on Next.
What do I do if I forgot my administrator password on Windows 7?
To enable the built-in administrator account, type “net user administrator /active:yes” and then press “Enter”. If you forget the administrator password, type “net user administrator 123456” and then press “Enter”. The administrator is now enabled and the password has been reset to “123456”.