1] Type “Event Viewer” in the Windows 10 search box and click on the app to launch it. 2] To view the BSOD error logs, you have to create a filter. For this, go to “Action > Create Custom View.” 3] In the Create Custom View window, make sure that you are under the “Filter” tab.
- How do I view blue screen event viewer?
- How do I read a blue screen?
- How do I investigate the blue screen of death?
- What is the event ID for blue screen?
- How do I read a blue screen dump file in Windows 10?
- How do I fix blue screen of death Windows?
- How do I open Safe Mode in Windows 10?
- Is Blue Screen of Death fixable?
- Is blue screen of death bad?
- How do I fix blue screen on startup?
How do I view blue screen event viewer?
How to Check the Event Viewer for BSoD
- Press and hold “Windows-X” to open the Quick Links menu screen.
- Click “Event Viewer.” The Event Viewer window appears, displaying a lot of logged information about your computer’s software and hardware.
- Click the “Create Custom View” link in the Actions pane.
How do I read a blue screen?
To view the minidump file information, you can use the free NirSoft’s BlueScreenView (Blue Screen Viewer) utility that can scan all minidump files created during the “blue screen of death” system crash and then displays the details about all crashes in one table.
How do I investigate the blue screen of death?
Check for Hardware Problems: Blue screens can be caused by faulty hardware in your computer. Try testing your computer’s memory for errors and checking its temperature to ensure that it isn’t overheating. If that fails, you might need to test other hardware components—or hire a pro to do it for you.
What is the event ID for blue screen?
blue screen, Event ID 41, error codes.
How do I read a blue screen dump file in Windows 10?
Follow these steps to open and analyze a Dump file in Windows 10:
- Click Search in the Taskbar and type WinDbg,
- Right-click WinDbg and select Run as administrator.
- Click the File menu.
- Click Start debugging.
- Click Open Dump file.
- Select the Dump file from the folder location – for example, %SystemRoot%Minidump.
How do I fix blue screen of death Windows?
Fixing blue screen using Restore Point
- On the “Choose an option” screen select Troubleshoot.
- Click on Advanced options.
- Click on System Restore.
- After your computer reboots, select your account and sign-in.
- Click Next.
- Usually, system restore points are automatically created when you install a new update, driver or app.
How do I open Safe Mode in Windows 10?
Press F4 at the Startup Settings menu.
After your Windows 10 device restarts, you’ll have various options in front of you, you want to select number 4, do this by pressing F4. This will boot your PC into safe mode.
Is Blue Screen of Death fixable?
The BSOD is typically a result of improperly installed software, hardware, or settings, meaning that it is usually fixable.
Is blue screen of death bad?
Although a BSoD won’t damage your hardware, it can ruin your day. You’re busy working or playing, and suddenly everything stops. You’ll have to reboot the computer, then reload the programs and files you had open, and only after all that get back to work.
How do I fix blue screen on startup?
To use a Restore Point to fix blue screen problems, use these steps:
- Click the Advanced Startup option. …
- Click the Troubleshoot option. …
- Click the Advanced options button. …
- Click the System Restore option. …
- Select the your account.
- Confirm your account password.
- Click the Continue button.
- Click the Next button.