How to downgrade back to iOS 9 using a clean restore
- Step 1: Back up your iOS device.
- Step 2: Download the latest (currently iOS 9.3.2) public iOS 9 IPSW file to your computer.
- Step 3: Connect your iOS device to your computer via USB.
- Step 4: Launch iTunes and open the Summary page for your iOS device.
- Can I downgrade iOS 11 to 10?
- How do I revert to an older version of iOS?
- Is possible to downgrade iOS?
- How do I downgrade from iOS 10 to IOS 8?
- How do I downgrade my iPad to iOS 10?
- Can I downgrade iOS 12 to 11?
- Can you downgrade to an unsigned iOS?
- How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 10?
- How do I uninstall an iOS 11 update?
- Can you downgrade to iOS 12.1 2?
- How do you downgrade iOS on iPhone?
- How do you downgrade iOS on iPhone without computer?
- How do I downgrade my iPhone 6 to iOS 11?
- How do I downgrade my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Will downgrading iOS delete everything?
- Can you go back to iOS 10?
- Can you downgrade to iOS 9?
- How do I undo an iOS update?
- Is it still possible to downgrade to iOS 11?
- How do I downgrade to iOS 12 without a computer?
- How do I downgrade iCloud storage?
- How do I downgrade from iOS beta?
- Can you uninstall an update on iPhone?
- How do I downgrade from Mojave to High Sierra?
- How do I delete the iOS 10 update?
- How do you cancel iOS 12 update?
- How do I uninstall Apple Software Update?
Can I downgrade iOS 11 to 10?
Whatever the reason, you can easily downgrade iOS 11 if you need to, but the ability to downgrade is only available for a limited time while Apple continues to sign the prior operating system release of iOS 10.3.3. We’ll walk through how you can downgrade iOS 11 back to iOS 10 on an iPhone or iPad.
How do I revert to an older version of iOS?
Press and hold the “Shift” key, then click the “Restore” button in the bottom right of the window to choose which iOS file you want to restore with. Select the file for your previous iOS version from the “iPhone Software Updates” folder you accessed in Step 2. The file will have a “.ipsw” extension.
Is possible to downgrade iOS?
Not unreasonably, Apple doesn’t encourage downgrading to a previous version of iOS, but it is possible. Currently Apple’s servers are still signing iOS 11.4. You can’t go back any further, unfortunately, which could be an issue if your most recent backup was made while running an older version of iOS.
How do I downgrade from iOS 10 to IOS 8?
Downgrade iOS 10-10.3.3 to iOS 8.4.1 firmware
- Step 1 Jailbreak your device on iOS 10.3.3.
- Step 2 Launch Cydia and repo.ftios.vn repository.
- Step 3 Install the Downgrade iOS 10.x to 8.x package from this source.
- Step 4 Restart your iPhone or iPad.
- Step 5 Open the Settings app and go to General > Software Update.
How do I downgrade my iPad to iOS 10?
Downgrade from iOS 10 Beta to iOS 9
- Make sure that you’re using the latest version of iTunes.
- Turn off Find My iPhone in the iCloud section of the Settings app.
- Turn off the iPhone or the iPad.
- Hold down the Home button while plugging the device into a PC or Mac running iTunes.
Can I downgrade iOS 12 to 11?
There’s still time for you to downgrade from iOS 12/12.1 to iOS 11.4, but it won’t be available for long. When iOS 12 is released to the public in September, Apple will stop signing iOS 11.4 or other prior releases, and then you will no longer be able to downgrade to iOS 11.
Can you downgrade to an unsigned iOS?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to restore to an unsigned iOS firmware like iOS 11.1.2 which can be jailbroken. So the ability to upgrade or downgrade to an unsigned iOS firmware version can be very useful if you want to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 10?
To downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4.1 you need to download the proper IPSW. IPSW.me
- Visit IPSW.me and select your device.
- You’ll be taken to a list of iOS versions Apple is still signing. Click on version 11.4.1.
- Download and save the software to your computer desktop or another location where you can easily find it.
How do I uninstall an iOS 11 update?
For Versions before iOS 11
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to “General”.
- Select “Storage & iCloud Usage”.
- Go to “Manage Storage”.
- Locate the nagging iOS software update and tap on it.
- Tap “Delete Update” and confirm that you want to delete the update.
Can you downgrade to iOS 12.1 2?
Hold the Alt/Option key on the Mac or Shift Key in Windows on your keyboard and click on the Check for Update option, instead of restoring. Select the iOS 12.1.1 IPSW firmware file you had downloaded earlier. iTunes should now downgrade your iOS device to iOS 12.1.2 or iOS 12.1.1.
How do you downgrade iOS on iPhone?
From a backup in iTunes
- Download the IPSW file for your device and iOS 11.4 here.
- Disable Find My Phone or Find My iPad by heading to Settings, then tapping iCloud, and turning off the feature.
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer and launch iTunes.
- Hold down Option (or Shift on a PC) and press Restore iPhone.
How do you downgrade iOS on iPhone without computer?
However, you can still downgrade to iOS 11 without a backup, only you will have to start with a clean slate.
- Step 1Disable ‘Find My iPhone’
- Step 2Download the IPSW File for Your iPhone.
- Step 3Connect Your iPhone to iTunes.
- Step 4Install iOS 11.4.1 on Your iPhone.
- Step 5Restore Your iPhone from a Backup.
How do I downgrade my iPhone 6 to iOS 11?
How to downgrade to an older version of iOS on your iPhone or iPad
- Click Restore on the iTunes popup.
- Click Restore and Update to confirm.
- Click Next on the iOS 11 Software Updater.
- Click Agree to accept the Terms and Conditions and start downloading iOS 11.
How do I downgrade my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Step 1Disable ‘Find My iPhone’ First, you’ll need to disable Find My iPhone.
- Step 2Download the IPSW File for Your Device.
- Step 3Connect to iTunes.
- Step 4Put Your Phone into DFU Mode.
- Step 5Install the Older Firmware.
- Step 6Restore Data from iCloud.
- 30 Comments.
Will downgrading iOS delete everything?
There are two ways to restore iPhone with iTunes. The standard method does not delete your iPhone data when restoring. On the other hand, if you restore your iPhone with DFU mode, then all your iPhone data gets deleted.
Can you go back to iOS 10?
Apple is currently signing iOS 10 version updates for many devices including iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and iPhone 7 models as shown by IPSW.me. If you want to downgrade your OS, get in quick before Apple reverts back to signing iOS 11.2 and later only.
Can you downgrade to iOS 9?
How to downgrade back to iOS 9 using a clean restore. Step 2: Download the latest (currently iOS 9.3.2) public iOS 9 IPSW file to your computer. Step 3: Connect your iOS device to your computer via USB. Step 4: Launch iTunes and open the Summary page for your iOS device.
How do I undo an iOS update?
How to Reverse iPhone to Previous Update
- Download and install the version of iOS to which you wish to revert using the links in the Resources section.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer using the included USB data cable.
- Highlight your iPhone in the list under the Devices heading in the left column.
- Browse to the location where you saved your iOS firmware.
Is it still possible to downgrade to iOS 11?
It’s normal of Apple to stop signing older versions of iOS several weeks after another release. This is exactly what is happening here, thus it is no longer possible to downgrade from iOS 12 to iOS 11. If you are having issues with iOS 12.0.1 specifically, however, you can still downgrade to iOS 12 without issue.
How do I downgrade to iOS 12 without a computer?
The Safest Way to Downgrade iOS 12.2/12.1 without Data Loss
- Step 1: Install the program on your PC. After installing Tenorshare iAnyGo on your computer, launch it and then connect your iPhone using a lightning cable.
- Step 2: Enter your iPhone details.
- Step 3: Downgrade to the old version.
How do I downgrade iCloud storage?
Downgrade your iCloud storage from any device
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage or iCloud Storage. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage.
- Tap Change Storage Plan.
- Tap Downgrade Options and enter your Apple ID password.
- Choose a different plan.
- Tap Done.
How do I downgrade from iOS beta?
Downgrade from the iOS 12 beta
- Enter Recovery mode by holding the Power and Home buttons until your iPhone or iPad turns off, then continue holding the Home button.
- When it says ‘Connect to iTunes’, do exactly that – plug it into your Mac or PC and open up iTunes.
Can you uninstall an update on iPhone?
How to remove downloaded software updates. 1) On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings and tap General. 3) Locate the iOS software download in the list and tap on it. 4) Select Delete Update and confirm you do want to delete it.
How do I downgrade from Mojave to High Sierra?
Method 1 is for you if your Mac was Shipped with High Sierra:
- Backup all the data from Mojave to an external SSD or HDD.
- Restart macOS Mojave 10.14 and immediately press-hold Command and R keys simultaneously.
- A help window with title ‘macOS Utilities’ will show up.
- Erase your macOS Mojave.
- Click on the Reinstall macOS.
How do I delete the iOS 10 update?
Part 2: How to Delete an Update on iPhone iOS
- Open “Settings” and choose “General”.
- Click “iPhone Storage” option.
- Scroll down and choose the iOS 11 update.
- Choose “Delete Update” and confirm to delete iOS update 11.
- Head to “Settings” app and select “General”.
- Then choose “Storage & iCloud Usage” option.
How do you cancel iOS 12 update?
How to stop the Software Update in Progress: and Turn off for all the Time
- Step 1: Go to “Settings” and tap “General”.
- Step 2: Click on “Software Update” to check the status.
- Step 3: Tap “General” and open “iPhone Storage” & For iPad “iPad Storage“.
- Step 4: Locate iOS 12 and tap on it.
How do I uninstall Apple Software Update?
How to remove it:
- Open the “Remove a program” control panel applet again if you have closed it.
- Locate Apple Software Update there, right-click on the entry, and select the uninstall option from the context menu. Follow the dialog that opens.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Blog”