How to downgrade back to iOS 9 using a clean restore
- Step 1: Back up your iOS device.
- Step 2: Download the latest (currently iOS 9.3.2) public iOS 9 IPSW file to your computer.
- Step 3: Connect your iOS device to your computer via USB.
- Step 4: Launch iTunes and open the Summary page for your iOS device.
- How do I go back to previous iOS on iPhone?
- Can I revert to iOS 10?
- Is possible to downgrade iOS?
- How do I reinstall an old iOS on my iPhone?
- How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 10?
- How do I undo an iOS update?
- How do I downgrade my iPad to iOS 10?
- Can I downgrade iOS 11 to 10?
- How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 11 without computer?
- How do I downgrade from iOS beta?
- Can you downgrade to iOS 12.1 2?
- Does downgrading iOS delete everything?
- How do I reinstall iOS on my iPhone?
- How do I downgrade an app on my iPhone?
- Can you undo an app update on iPhone?
- Can I downgrade my iOS from 12 to 11?
- Can you still downgrade from iOS 12?
- Can I downgrade from iOS 12?
- How do I undo an app update on my iPhone?
- Can you downgrade to an unsigned iOS?
- How do I uninstall iOS beta 12?
- How can I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 11.4 without losing data?
- How can I downgrade my iPhone Without iTunes?
- How can I downgrade my iPhone 6?
- Can you uninstall an iOS update on iPhone?
- How do I downgrade an app?
- Can I get an older version of an app?
How do I go back to previous iOS on iPhone?
From a backup in iTunes
- Download the IPSW file for your device and iOS 11.4 here.
- Disable Find My Phone or Find My iPad by heading to Settings, then tapping iCloud, and turning off the feature.
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer and launch iTunes.
- Hold down Option (or Shift on a PC) and press Restore iPhone.
Can I revert to iOS 10?
Step One: Download the iOS 10 restore image. Since you’re using iOS 11, you’ll have to download the older iOS 10 image. From there you can choose the corresponding restore image (in this case, iOS 10.3.3) for your device and wait for the multi-gigabyte file to download.
Is possible to downgrade iOS?
Not unreasonably, Apple doesn’t encourage downgrading to a previous version of iOS, but it is possible. Currently Apple’s servers are still signing iOS 11.4. You can’t go back any further, unfortunately, which could be an issue if your most recent backup was made while running an older version of iOS.
How do I reinstall an old iOS on my iPhone?
To start, connect your iOS device to your computer, then follow these steps:
- Open up iTunes.
- Head to the “Device” menu.
- Select the “Summary” tab.
- Hold the Option key (Mac) or left Shift key (Windows).
- Click on “Restore iPhone” (or “iPad” or “iPod”).
- Open the IPSW file.
- Confirm by clicking the “Restore” button.
How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 10?
To downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4.1 you need to download the proper IPSW. IPSW.me
- Visit IPSW.me and select your device.
- You’ll be taken to a list of iOS versions Apple is still signing. Click on version 11.4.1.
- Download and save the software to your computer desktop or another location where you can easily find it.
How do I undo an iOS update?
Press and hold the “Shift” key, then click the “Restore” button in the bottom right of the window to choose which iOS file you want to restore with. Select the file for your previous iOS version from the “iPhone Software Updates” folder you accessed in Step 2. The file will have a “.ipsw” extension.
How do I downgrade my iPad to iOS 10?
Downgrade from iOS 10 Beta to iOS 9
- Make sure that you’re using the latest version of iTunes.
- Turn off Find My iPhone in the iCloud section of the Settings app.
- Turn off the iPhone or the iPad.
- Hold down the Home button while plugging the device into a PC or Mac running iTunes.
Can I downgrade iOS 11 to 10?
Whatever the reason, you can easily downgrade iOS 11 if you need to, but the ability to downgrade is only available for a limited time while Apple continues to sign the prior operating system release of iOS 10.3.3. We’ll walk through how you can downgrade iOS 11 back to iOS 10 on an iPhone or iPad.
How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 11 without computer?
However, you can still downgrade to iOS 11 without a backup, only you will have to start with a clean slate.
- Step 1Disable ‘Find My iPhone’
- Step 2Download the IPSW File for Your iPhone.
- Step 3Connect Your iPhone to iTunes.
- Step 4Install iOS 11.4.1 on Your iPhone.
- Step 5Restore Your iPhone from a Backup.
How do I downgrade from iOS beta?
Downgrade from the iOS 12 beta
- Enter Recovery mode by holding the Power and Home buttons until your iPhone or iPad turns off, then continue holding the Home button.
- When it says ‘Connect to iTunes’, do exactly that – plug it into your Mac or PC and open up iTunes.
Can you downgrade to iOS 12.1 2?
Hold the Alt/Option key on the Mac or Shift Key in Windows on your keyboard and click on the Check for Update option, instead of restoring. Select the iOS 12.1.1 IPSW firmware file you had downloaded earlier. iTunes should now downgrade your iOS device to iOS 12.1.2 or iOS 12.1.1.
Does downgrading iOS delete everything?
There are two ways to restore iPhone with iTunes. The standard method does not delete your iPhone data when restoring. On the other hand, if you restore your iPhone with DFU mode, then all your iPhone data gets deleted.
How do I reinstall iOS on my iPhone?
Reinstall iOS. Connect the iPhone to your computer using the USB cable. Launch the iTunes application. Click the name of your iPhone in the Devices section and then click the “Summary” tab for your device.
How do I downgrade an app on my iPhone?
Four ways to downgrade to a previous version of an iPhone app
- Use Time Machine or another backup to restore previous versions of an app.
- Restore the app on your iPhone using iTunes.
- Look for the app in the Trash.
- Use Charles or Fiddler apps to download older versions of iOS apps from the App Store.
Can you undo an app update on iPhone?
Approach 2: Undo an app update by iTunes. In fact, iTunes is not only a useful tool to back up iPhone apps, but also a simple way to undo an app update. Step 1: Uninstall the app from your iPhone after App Store updated it automatically. Run iTunes, click on the Device icon at upper left corner.
Can I downgrade my iOS from 12 to 11?
Since downgrade from iOS 12/12.1 to iOS 11 will wipe everything on device, you’re suppose to make a full backup of your iPhone iPad firstly. But don’t worry, some professional iOS data recovery tools can help you get back lost files from iTunes and iCloud backup after the downgrade process.
Can you still downgrade from iOS 12?
It’s normal of Apple to stop signing older versions of iOS several weeks after another release. This is exactly what is happening here, thus it is no longer possible to downgrade from iOS 12 to iOS 11. If you are having issues with iOS 12.0.1 specifically, however, you can still downgrade to iOS 12 without issue.
Can I downgrade from iOS 12?
iOS 12 backups won’t restore to your device once it’s running iOS 11. If you downgrade without a backup, be prepared to start from scratch. To get started with the downgrade, backup your iOS device to either iTunes or iCloud.
How do I undo an app update on my iPhone?
Check it out in method 2 below.
- Step 1Delete the app whose update you want to undo on your iOS device.
- Step 2Connect your iDevice to computer > Launch iTunes > Click on the device icon.
- Step 3Click the Apps tab > Choose the app you want to restore > Click Install > Then click Sync to transfer it to your iPhone.
Can you downgrade to an unsigned iOS?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to restore to an unsigned iOS firmware like iOS 11.1.2 which can be jailbroken. So the ability to upgrade or downgrade to an unsigned iOS firmware version can be very useful if you want to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
How do I uninstall iOS beta 12?
How to Leave iOS 12 Public Beta or iOS 12 Developer Beta on iPhone or iPad
- Open the “Settings” app in iOS.
- Go to “General” and then scroll all the way down and tap on “Profile” (it should say ‘iOS 12 Beta Software Profile’ next to it)
- Tap on “iOS 12 Beta Software Profile”
How can I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 11.4 without losing data?
Simple Steps to Downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4 without Losing Data
- Step 1.Install and Launch iOS System Recovery on your PC or Mac.
- Boot iPhone into Recovery or DFU mode.
- Step 3.Select Device Model and Download the iOS 11.4 Firmware.
- Step 4.Begin Install iOS 11.4 on iPhone and Restore it Back to Normal.
How can I downgrade my iPhone Without iTunes?
Steps to Downgrade iPhone/iPad iOS without iTunes
- Step 1: Download and install iRevert Downgrader, then click “Agree” to continue.
- Step 2: Select the iOS version you would like to download to, then click “Next”.
How can I downgrade my iPhone 6?
6. Search your device icon on iTunes and click it > Choose Summary tab and, (For Mac) press “Option” and click “Restore iPhone (or iPad/iPod)…”; (For Windows) press “Shift” and click “Restore iPhone (or iPad/iPod)…”. 7. Find previous iOS ipsw file you have downloaded, select it and click “Open”.
Can you uninstall an iOS update on iPhone?
Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to “General”. Locate the nagging iOS software update and tap on it. Tap “Delete Update” and confirm that you want to delete the update.
How do I downgrade an app?
Android: How to Downgrade an App
- From the Home screen, select “Settings” > “Apps“.
- Choose the app you wish to downgrade.
- Select “Uninstall” or “Uninstall updates“.
- Under “Settings” > “Lock screen & Security“, enable “Unknown Sources“.
- Using a browser on your Android device, visit the APK Mirror website.
Can I get an older version of an app?
Yes! The App Store is clever enough to detect when you browse an app on a device that cannot run the latest version, and will offer to let you install an older version instead. However you do it, open the Purchased page, and find the app you want to install.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”