Go to Settings on your device > Touch ID & Passcode > enter your passcode > scroll down to the Allow access when locked section > disable the toggle next to Today.
Open the “Settings” app on iPhone or iPad and then go to ‘Touch ID & Passcode’ Under the “Allow Access When Locked” section, toggle the switches next to “Today View” and “Notifications View” to the OFF position. Exit out of Settings and lock the device again, swiping over will now do nothing.
Swipe down from the top of the screen on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 8 or higher. Tap on Today if it isn’t already selected. Scroll towards the bottom and tap on Edit. Add and remove widgets as you’d like by tapping on the plus icons or the delete icons next to a widget’s name.
- How do I turn off today view iOS 10?
- How do I turn off today view on iPhone?
- How do you turn off search on iPhone?
- How do you turn off swipe right on iPhone?
- How do I remove music from my iPhone home screen?
- How do I turn off the flashlight on my lock screen?
- How do I get the clock on my lock screen?
- What’s the difference between an app and a widget?
How do I turn off today view iOS 10?
Disable Today View on your Lock Screen
- 1) Open your Settings and select Touch ID & Passcode.
- 2) Enter your passcode when prompted.
- 3) Scroll down to Allow Access When Locked and turn off the toggle for Today View.
- 1) Open Today View, scroll to the bottom and tap Edit.
- 2) Tap the minus sign for a widget and then tap Remove when it appears.
- 3) Tap Done.
Ready to remove some of the widgets from your Today widget screen of iOS? Here is how the process works: From the iPhone or iPad, swipe right from the lock screen (or Home Screen) to access the “Today” widget screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the Today screen, then tap on the “Edit” button.
Here’s a very simple procedure for hiding unwanted widgets or showing relevant ones on certain pages.
- Download your free Widget Options and let it do most of the job.
- Click on the widget to reveal the options and go to the visibility tab (the “eye” icon”).
- From the Hide/Show menu, choose “Hide on Checked Pages”.
To be able to add one or more widgets on your mobile lock screen, you must:
- Turn off the display of your smartphone or tablet.
- Switch it on again to view the lock screen.
- Once you’re there, swipe left or right.
- When the ‘+’ option appears, tap on it.
- A list of widgets will be displayed you’ll be asked to choose one.
Swipe down from the top of your iPhone or iPad to bring up Notification Center. Tap on the Today tab at the top if you aren’t already there. Scroll all the way to the bottom and tap on Edit. Tap and hold the move icon to the right of the widget you’d like to move up or down.
Control widgets. The main purpose of a control widget is to display often used functions that the user can trigger right from the home screen without having to open the app first. Think of them as remote controls for an app.
iPhones and iPads can now use widgets thanks to iOS 8. In fact, you probably already have some widgets installed — they’re all just disabled by default. Unlike on Android, widgets can’t appear on our home screen — that’s still reserved just for apps and app folders. Instead, widgets appear in your notification center.
How do I turn off today view on iPhone?
How to turn off Today View on the Lock screen
- Launch Settings from the Home screen.
- Tap on Touch ID & Passcode.
- Enter your Passcode.
- Scroll to the bottom and switch Today View to Off.
How do you turn off search on iPhone?
To disable this from the Search page, navigate to the stock Settings app, then to General -> Search. Now tap on Contacts to uncheck and disable them from showing in the Search screen.
How do you turn off swipe right on iPhone?
There’s a way to disable this feature. Go to Settings -> Face ID/Touch ID & Passcode and enter your passcode. Then swipe down and tap on the toggle next to USB Accessories.
How do I remove music from my iPhone home screen?
Open iPhone on the home screen, swiped right and tap to the bottom of the screen, you will find a edit button. Click “Edit” button and you will access the widgets manage window, remove the Music app from the Widgets. Restart your iPhone.
How to add widgets from the App Store
- Swipe to the right on your Home or Lock screen, or pull down Notification Center, to view your widgets.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your widget list.
- Tap Edit.
- Scroll down to find the widget you want to add.
- Tap the green + button.
- Tap Done.
How do I turn off the flashlight on my lock screen?
Tap the flashlight icon to turn the light off.
- For the iPhone X and later, swipe down from the top right of your screen to open your Control Center again.
- Tap the flashlight icon to turn the light off.
Head over to Appearance » Disable Widgets page and click on the Dashboard Widgets tab. Select the widgets you want to hide from the dashboard screen and click on the save changes button to store your settings.
Navigate to Nova Settings > App & widget drawers > Hide Apps. Select the apps you want to hide, and they won’t show up on your app tray anymore.
WordPress Sidebar is a slot for widgets on the left, right or bottom of your theme. Although it is very useful, sometimes you will need to remove sidebar in WordPress because you want to have a widget-free page/post. Most modern themes have specific options on their settings panel to remove the sidebar.
How to customize Control Center in iOS 11
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Control Center and then Customize Controls.
- Tap the next to any item you’d like to add under MORE CONTROLS.
- Under INCLUDE at the top, tap, hold, and slide the symbol to reorganize controls.
How do I get the clock on my lock screen?
Go to Settings then select Lock screen and security. Tap the Clock and FaceWidgets option, then select Clock style. In the options, Clock style will show all of the default options. At the end of the list, you will see a new icon (pictured below).
Add a clock widget
- Touch and hold any empty section of a Home screen.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Widgets.
- Touch and hold a clock widget.
- You’ll see images of your Home screens. Slide the clock to a Home screen.
Method 1 Removing Widgets from the Home Screen
- Unlock your Android.
- Locate the widget you wish to remove. Since the Home screen comprises multiple pages, you may have to swipe left or right to find the widget(s) you want.
- Tap and hold the offending widget.
- Drag the widget to the “Remove” section.
- Remove your finger.
What’s the difference between an app and a widget?
What is the difference between an app and a widget? You need not to click on the widgets to run them. On the other hand, an app is a software programme that runs on mobile devices or computers and which are usually a third party programmes. A simple example is of the ‘WordWeb’, which is available as an iPhone app.
Widgets. A widget is a simple application extension that is often part of a larger application already installed on the device. Widgets come in all shapes and sizes, are customisable, and reside on any available Home screen for quick access.
Swipe to the right on your device’s Lock or Home screen > tap Edit at the bottom of the screen > find the widget that you want to remove. Instead of a ‘+’ icon, you will now see a red ‘-‘ icon. Tap that icon to remove the widget and then tap Done.
Click the Edit button in Notification Center to add, remove or rearrange your widgets. When you download a new app, you’ll see a message at the bottom of the Notification Center if a new widget is available. Touch the Edit button to launch the screen that has all the available widgets to add.
WIDGET: Quickly view your countdowns in real-time with iOS 8! Just tap “Edit” in the Notification Center and add Countdown. Use YOUR OWN PHOTOS as the background, including INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK PHOTOS! Flip through your BACKGROUND PHOTOS while counting down.
Photo in the article by “Obama White House”