These days, personal computers have become a basic necessity for people. It’s really difficult for people to manage without a computer even a day. When we know that our Windows is so much important and manages much of our daily work like sending and receiving emails, updating and accessing social media, professional works, and others we have to make sure it runs perfectly and is problem-free all the time.
Read Also:- Windows Toolkit Latest Version 2020
You might have experienced problems that occur suddenly and messes up your work due to a process failure or system failure. These could be avoided using a simple checklist that could save lots of your money that you spent on computer repairs and technicians.
Best Practice For Speeding Up Windows
- The best practice and the number one priority is of using a genuine operating system that is compatible with your system configuration. Never run an OS forcefully if your system lacks the necessary hardware for the same. Keep the OS updated, error fixes, and security updates bundled with OS updates are most necessary.
- Always use an Antivirus or Internet Security. Recommended are Kaspersky security, Avg Antivirus, Avast, and Microsoft Security Essentials. Never go online without security software installed. Never forget to scan the external storage devices plugged in before exploring the contents. This may expose your system to hazardous viruses. Never download freeware software that is flooded on hack sites as they are more prone to be infected with a virus. Once in a while run a deep scan and delete temporary files and cache that the antivirus keeps.
- Use third-party software like Ccleaner, Windows Washer, Tuneup Utilities, Defraggler, and Soluto to make your computer run faster. All the software mentioned at this point is safe but make sure you download these from their official websites.
People always have a habit of overloading their desktops with heavy data and files. We recommend you to delete or copy those to other partitions. Try not to set wallpapers of high resolutions and size.
Remove Unnecessary Tools
- If you are not using any software on a habitual basis, uninstall them to save space and memory on your RAM. Keep all the software up to date especially browsers and Flash programs that are constantly used for the Internet.
- Add on bars, toolbar, and other complementary software are very less recommended unless you have any particular purpose to cater on.
- Keep your system dust-free, clean the fans that allow proper airflow, and never obstruct heat from the system by laminating monitors, etc.
- Lock your computer even if you are leaving for a very short time. This will help you to avoid unauthorized access to systems and files.
- Unless you are familiar with the process never execute registry tricks to speed up your system as failure to follow steps may result in fatal errors.
- Always makes sure to use a UPS system before powering on the system, frequent power cuts may result in a sudden shutdown that will damage software registry and hardware such as hard disk and RAM. UPS system will help you to properly shut down your system in event of a long-lasting power failure at places.
- Over-customizing the operating system with unnecessary add on software’s and tweaks will result in slow processing and system errors.
- Using more than one Antivirus software will also create problems such as hanging up’s, sudden shutdowns, and unusual restart events. Avoid using more than one as a good updated antivirus solution is always the best for normal and home users.
- Last but not least always make sure to shut down and restart your computer after long working hours to avoid overheating that often burns down small parts carrying power.
I am sure after the above checklist, you may never have to run behind computer repairs and technicians. This will also keep your system problem-free for a longer period.