Secretaries and administrative assistants perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties that are necessary to run an organization efficiently. They use computer software to create spreadsheets; manage databases; and prepare presentations, reports, and documents. … Some also supervise clerical staff.
- What are the main duties of an administrative assistant?
- What are the top 3 skills of an administrative assistant?
- What type of work does an administrative assistant usually do?
- Do administrative assistants make good money?
- What are 4 administrative activities?
- What programs should an administrative assistant know?
- What are the requirements of an administrative assistant?
- How hard is it to be an administrative assistant?
- What is a good salary for administrative assistant?
- Is administrative assistant a dead end job?
- Where do administrative assistants make the most money?
- What is the highest paying administrative job?
- What is the hourly rate for an administrative assistant?
What are the main duties of an administrative assistant?
Most administrative assistant duties revolve around managing and distributing information within an office. This generally includes answering phones, taking memos and maintaining files. Administrative assistants may also be in charge of sending and receiving correspondence, as well as greeting clients and customers.
What are the top 3 skills of an administrative assistant?
Administrative assistant skills may vary depending on the industry, but the following or the most important abilities to develop:
- Written communication.
- Verbal communication.
- Time management.
- Attention to detail.
What type of work does an administrative assistant usually do?
Administrative assistants organize files, draft messages, schedule appointments, and help out other staff. Administrative assistants use a computer to create spreadsheets, compose messages, manage databases, and whip up presentations, reports, and documents.
Do administrative assistants make good money?
How Much Does an Administrative Assistant Make? Administrative Assistants made a median salary of $37,690 in 2019. The best-paid 25 percent made $47,510 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $30,100.
What are 4 administrative activities?
Coordinating events, such as planning office parties or client dinners. Scheduling appointments for clients. Scheduling appointments for supervisors and/or employers. Planning team or company-wide meetings. Planning company-wide events, such as luncheons or out-of-office team-building activities.
What programs should an administrative assistant know?
20 software tools every administrative assistant should know about
- Microsoft Office. The must-have suite of office tools in any administrative assistant’s arsenal. …
- Google Workspace. Google’s suite with all the productivity apps you need for your daily work. …
- Microsoft Outlook. …
- Gmail. …
- Dropbox. …
- Zoom. …
- Google Meet. …
What are the requirements of an administrative assistant?
Qualifications for Administrative Assistant
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. …
- 2-3 years of clerical, secretarial, or office experience.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with routinely shifting demands.
How hard is it to be an administrative assistant?
Administrative assistant positions are found in almost every industry. … Some might believe that being an administrative assistant is easy. That’s not the case, administrative assistants work extremely hard. They are educated individuals, who have charming personalities, and can pretty much do anything.
What is a good salary for administrative assistant?
Find out what the average Administrative Assistant salary is
The average administrative assistant salary in Australia is $67,770 per year or $34.75 per hour. Entry level positions start at $59,505 per year while most experienced workers make up to $76,941 per year.
Is administrative assistant a dead end job?
Is administrative assistant a dead end job? No, being an assistant is not a dead-end job unless you let it be. Use it for what it can offer you and give it all that you have. Be the best at it and you’ll find opportunities within that company and on the outside too.
Where do administrative assistants make the most money?
Detailed List Of Administrative Assistant Salaries By State
What is the highest paying administrative job?
High-paying administrative jobs
- Teller. National average salary: $32,088 per year. …
- Receptionist. National average salary: $41,067 per year. …
- Legal assistant. National average salary: $41,718 per year. …
- Accounting clerk. National average salary: $42,053 per year. …
- Administrative assistant. …
- Collector. …
- Courier. …
- Customer service manager.
What is the hourly rate for an administrative assistant?
How much does an Administration Assistant make at NSW Government in Australia? Average NSW Government Administration Assistant hourly pay in Australia is approximately $35.00, which is 17% above the national average.