The notification area is a part of the taskbar that provides a temporary source for notifications and status. It can also be used to display icons for system and program features that are not on the desktop. The notification area was known historically as the system tray or status area.
- Where is the notification tray in Windows 7?
- How do I get rid of the notification area in Windows 7?
- What is the function of the buttons on the notification area?
- How do you show notification icons?
- How do I change the notification sounds in Windows 7?
- How do I customize Windows 7 notifications?
- How do I add something to my hidden icons?
- What is a notification tray?
- What is notification area short answer?
Where is the notification tray in Windows 7?
The notification area (also called the “system tray”) is located in the Windows Taskbar, usually at the bottom right corner. It contains miniature icons for easy access to system functions such as antivirus settings, printer, modem, sound volume, battery status, and more.
How do I get rid of the notification area in Windows 7?
Select the “Notification Area” tab. To remove system icons, navigate to the System Icons section and uncheck the boxes next to the icons you want to remove. To remove other icons, click “Customize.” Then click the icon you want to remove and select “Hide” from the drop-down menu. Click “OK.”
It allows you to set the display behavior of all notification area icons, turn system icons on or off (e.g. time/date, volume), restore default icon behaviors, and set the notification icons to be always displayed. To use the notification area settings, you have to access them first.
How do you show notification icons?
Dot-style badge and notification preview option are newly added in Oreo OS. If you want to change badge with number, you can be changed in NOTIFICATION SETTING on the notification panel or Settings > Notifications > App icon badges > Select Show with number.
How do I change the notification sounds in Windows 7?
Change default system sounds in Windows 7
- Step 1: Right-click on Desktop and select Personalize.
- Step 2: Click on the link named Sounds at the bottom of the window.
- Step 3: Next, select a sound event from the list and then hit the Browse button. …
- Step 4: Select your desired .
How do I customize Windows 7 notifications?
How to Customize the Notification Area of the Windows 7 Taskbar
- Click the up arrow at the left edge of the icons. …
- (Optional) Move any icon down near the clock to ensure that it will always be visible. …
- Choose Customize.
Tips: If you want to add a hidden icon to the notification area, tap or click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area, and then drag the icon you want back to the notification area. You can drag as many hidden icons as you want.
What is a notification tray?
The Notification Panel is a place to quickly access alerts, notifications and shortcuts. The Notification Panel is at the top of your mobile device’s screen. It is hidden in the screen but can be accessed by swiping your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom.
What is notification area short answer?
In computing, a notification area (also system tray or status area) is the portion of the user interface that displays icons for system and program features that have no presence on the desktop as well as the time and the volume icon.