This edition was first released as Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (Long-Term Servicing Branch). There are currently 3 releases of LTSC: one in 2015 (version 1507), one in 2016 (version 1607), and one in 2018 (labeled as 2019, version 1809).
- What is the current version of Windows 10 pro?
- Which Windows 10 versions are not supported?
- What are the Windows 10 versions?
- Which version of Windows 10 is best?
- Will there be Windows 11?
- How long will Windows 10 be supported with updates?
- Is Windows 10 not being supported?
- Does Windows 10 version 1909 need to be updated?
- Why are there different Windows 10 versions?
- When did Windows 11 come out?
- Is Windows 10 education a full version?
What is the current version of Windows 10 pro?
The latest version of Windows 10 is the May 2021 Update. which was released on May 18, 2021. This update was codenamed “21H1” during its development process, as it was released in the first half of 2021. Its final build number is 19043.
Which Windows 10 versions are not supported?
Windows 10 version 1903 is no longer supported after today
- Windows 10 Home, version 1903.
- Windows 10 Pro, version 1903.
- Windows 10 Pro Education, version 1903.
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1903.
- Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1903.
- Windows 10 Education, version 1903.
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise, version 1903.
What are the Windows 10 versions?
Introducing Windows 10 Editions
- Windows 10 Home is the consumer-focused desktop edition. …
- Windows 10 Mobile is designed to deliver the best user experience on smaller, mobile, touch-centric devices like smartphones and small tablets. …
- Windows 10 Pro is a desktop edition for PCs, tablets and 2-in-1s.
Which version of Windows 10 is best?
Compare Windows 10 editions
- Windows 10 Home. The best Windows ever keeps getting better. …
- Windows 10 Pro. A solid foundation for every business. …
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. Designed for people with advanced workloads or data needs. …
- Windows 10 Enterprise. For organisations with advanced security and management needs.
Will there be Windows 11?
Microsoft says Windows 11 will start rolling out on Oct. 5. Windows 11 finally has a release date: Oct. 5. Microsoft’s first major operating system update in six years will be available as a free download for existing Windows users starting on that date.
How long will Windows 10 be supported with updates?
Microsoft is ending support for Windows 10 on October 14th, 2025. It will mark just over 10 years since the operating system was first introduced. Microsoft revealed the retirement date for Windows 10 in an updated support life cycle page for the OS.
Is Windows 10 not being supported?
To be clear, Microsoft will keep updating Windows 10 for the minimum 10 years that it does for all its operating systems: Mainstream Support is scheduled to end on October 13, 2020, and Extended Support will end on October 14, 2025.
Does Windows 10 version 1909 need to be updated?
Version 1909 of Windows 10 was released in 2019 and will lose support on May 11. Users must now update to at least the May 2020 release, known as the 20H1 update.
Why are there different Windows 10 versions?
These editions add features to facilitate centralized control of many installations of the OS within an organization. The main avenue of acquiring them is a volume licensing contract with Microsoft. Windows 10 Education is distributed through Academic Volume Licensing.
When did Windows 11 come out?
Microsoft hasn’t given us an exact release date for Windows 11 just yet, but some leaked press images indicated that the release date is October 20. Microsoft’s official webpage says “coming later this year.”
Is Windows 10 education a full version?
Windows 10 Education is effectively a variant of Windows 10 Enterprise that provides education-specific default settings, including the removal of Cortana*. … Customers who are already running Windows 10 Education can upgrade to Windows 10, version 1607 through Windows Update or from the Volume Licensing Service Center.