- How do I change the Autoexec bat in Windows XP?
- What does config sys do?
- How do I edit the DOS config file?
- How do I find config sys?
- Does Windows 10 have Autoexec bat?
- Which is an internal command?
- Which command is used to see the content of a file?
- Which command is used to copy files?
- Does Windows 10 still use config sys?
- What is config system?
- Where is boot ini located?
How do I change the Autoexec bat in Windows XP?
To edit these files, type edit c:autoexec. bat to edit the autoexec. bat file, or edit c:config. sys to edit the config.
What does config sys do?
CONFIG. SYS is a configuration file on DOS systems. It is a text file that contains the settings and commands to load drives in a DOS system. This is a primary configuration file for OS/2 and DOS OS.
How do I edit the DOS config file?
How to Edit a Configuration File in Windows
- Open the Windows start menu and type “wordpad” into the search bar. Right click on the WordPad icon in the start menu and click “Run as administrator” …
- Select the file you want to edit in the list of files. …
- The file you selected will open in WordPad allowing you to edit it.
How do I find config sys?
Type “cd” and press “Enter.” Type “edit config. sys” in the command window to open an editor for the Config. sys file.
Does Windows 10 have Autoexec bat?
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 do not have or use the autoexec. bat file. Instead, all versions of Windows now use the registry.
Which is an internal command?
In DOS systems, an internal command is any command that resides in the COMMAND.COM file. This includes the most common DOS commands, such as COPY and DIR. Commands that reside in other COM files, or in EXE or BAT files, are called external commands.
Which command is used to see the content of a file?
You can also use the cat command to display the contents of one or more files on your screen. Combining the cat command with the pg command allows you to read the contents of a file one full screen at a time. You can also display the contents of files by using input and output redirection.
Which command is used to copy files?
The command copies computer files from one directory to another.
|The ReactOS copy command|
|Developer(s)||DEC, Intel, MetaComCo, Heath Company, Zilog, Microware, HP, Microsoft, IBM, DR, TSL, Datalight, Novell, Toshiba|
Does Windows 10 still use config sys?
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 do not have or use the config. sys file. This file has been replaced by the Windows registry.
What is config system?
CONFIG. SYS is a text file containing DOS (Disk Operating System) commands that tell the operating system how the computer is initially set up. … batch program) file. Because CONFIG. SYS is a text file, it is editable in any text-editing program.
Where is boot ini located?
Boot. ini is a text file located at the root of the system partition, typically c:Boot. ini.