Which of the following is not a feature of UNIX? Explanation: UNIX is a multitasking operating system i.e. a user can run multiple tasks concurrently. Similarly, it is a multiuser system because it permits working with multiple users on a single operating system.
What are the main features of Unix?
The UNIX operating system supports the following features and capabilities:
- Multitasking and multiuser.
- Programming interface.
- Use of files as abstractions of devices and other objects.
- Built-in networking (TCP/IP is standard)
- Persistent system service processes called “daemons” and managed by init or inet.
Is portability of feature of Unix?
Many operating systems are written in C and are, in theory, portable. In reality, most Unix implementations, despite being written primarily in C, are not truly portable. … Unix was designed to be highly modular, where each piece of the operating system is small and is meant to work with other pieces.
What are the advantages of Unix?
- Full multitasking with protected memory. …
- Very efficient virtual memory, so many programs can run with a modest amount of physical memory.
- Access controls and security. …
- A rich set of small commands and utilities that do specific tasks well — not cluttered up with lots of special options.
What is UNIX components?
In general, the UNIX operating system is made up of three parts; the kernel, the shell, and the programs.
What is UNIX structure?
Unix is a multiuser, multitasking operating system that was developed by Bell Laboratories in 1969. In a multiuser system, many users can use the system simultaneously. … As seen in the image, the main components of the Unix operating system structure are the kernel layer, the shell layer and the application layer.
What does grep C do?
The grep filter searches a file for a particular pattern of characters, and displays all lines that contain that pattern. … Options Description -c : This prints only a count of the lines that match a pattern -h : Display the matched lines, but do not display the filenames.
What is UNIX full form?
UNIX Full Form
The Full Form of UNIX (also referred to as UNICS) is UNiplexed Information Computing System. … UNiplexed Information Computing System is a multi-user OS that is also virtual and can be implemented across a wide range of platforms such as desktops, laptops, servers, mobile devices and more.
How do you code in UNIX?
How to Write Shell Script in Linux/Unix
- Create a file using a vi editor(or any other editor). Name script file with extension . sh.
- Start the script with #! /bin/sh.
- Write some code.
- Save the script file as filename.sh.
- For executing the script type bash filename.sh.